Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kainophobia: Fear of Anything New

Welcome to my new blog everybody! I'm excited to start anew because I was having some serious mental blocks with the old one. I think I just had set myself up to feel a need to write all these serious things and try in my own pathetic way to be profound...We see how well that worked out. (In case you don't see how it worked out, well...it didn't. I often cry rugged man-tears over how lacking my attempt at wisdom was.)

I wanted to start with something fresh, something that I could post serious things with, but also post fun blips, short thoughts, or totally pointless babble.  Thus "Life Commentary by a Phalacrophobic" was born.  It was an interesting journey to arrive at that name. I wanted to do something that played off of the fact that I over think things, like all the time.  I originally wanted the name of a disorder for people who over think, but none really fit my need. Then I stumbled across the "fear of becoming bald" and it just seemed to click. I don't really have a fear of becoming bald. In all honesty I am just waiting for it to happen. They say that genetics skip a generation, and both of my grandpa's are shiny-headed.  So I don't live in fear of it (if anything I'm preparing myself to embrace it), but I feel like it's a clever way of getting my point across.

You may see several of my posts titled after different phobias, like this very one, but I'm not planning on making EVERYTHING titled after a phobia. It would make me think too hard again...and that's why I created this new blog in the first place. I may even make up a few phobias, if the situation permits.

So anyway, there you have it. Welcome to my new place to empty my brain. This one should be more worth your while so buckle up, and tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment